Fort Richardson, AK Housing and Relocation Information
The military provides two options for the use of your Basic Allowance For Housing (BAH)
The first option is to live on post. Your second option is to use your BAH to rent or buy a house off-post.
- The Housing Management Office (HMO) (907) 384-3907. Contact the HMO as soon as you know you are moving. You will be provided with the latest information on local housing as well as referral services and relocation assistance. They offer counseling and guidance before entering into a lease agreement and help resolve tenant-landlord disputes.
On Post Housing
- Single Soldiers with orders for JB Elmendorf-Richardson can contact the Unaccompanied Housing Office at (907) 384-1906 / 7852.
- JB Elmendorf-Richardson on-post housing is privatized and provided by the pet-friendly Aurora Military Housing (907) 753-1023, which offers 19 unique neightborhoods - 8 specifically designated for Fort Richardson families. Home amenities may include: washer & dryer, garage and fenced yard. The community features a fitness center, indoor swimming facility, walking/biking trails and more.
Off Post Housing
If you're looking to rent off-post rather than purchase a home, check out our database for available rentals.
Buy A House
- Click here to find a local Real Estate Agent
- Click here to view Homes for Sale
- Click here for a list of Preferred Lenders
Not sure where you are going? Click here for other installations